Anyone that knows me, will agree that I’m not a big fan of camping. However, there has been the odd time when I have even suggested doing a camping trip. On my terms. You see I’m quite happy to live in a tent providing I have certain “luxuries”. RAC Busselton Caravan Park provides these.
Where is RAC Busselton?
It’s in Busselton but you knew that already didn’t you? Busselton is in the Southwest region of Western Australia, about 230 km south of Perth.
The main highway leads straight from Perth and it’s a straight road most of the way. It will get you there from Perth in under 3 hours.
RAC Busselton Caravan Park
Here you have the best of both worlds. It is only a 300m walk to the beach at Geographe Bay but is set on 8 hectares of natural bushland.
The huge Peppermint trees not only provide shade in our hot summers but are also home to the endangered ring tail possums. If you keep a look out at night, you will see them scurrying around.
There are a few accommodation options to choose from including motel-style rooms, self-contained cabins, powered and unpowered caravan, and camping sites plus ensuite sites.
Personally, I find the cabins to be expensive compared to private accommodation in the area but you are paying for the use of all their facilities, which I will come to in a minute.
My favourite choice would be ensuite sites. Have you heard of these? Basically, it’s a camping site with the use of your own private bathroom. It has a toilet, shower, sink and enough room to get ready and provides extra storage. You have your own key so no one else has access to it.
These are located at the back of the park and overlook natural bushland. Bath and hand towels are supplied with these sites as are toiletries.
- Free Wi-fi
- 2 Large Swimming Pools (one of which is heated during winter school holidays)
- On-Site Kiosk
- Air Conditioning in Cabins
- Free use of BBQs
- Gazebos for eating outside
- Basketball Area
- Football Goals
- Games Room including table tennis, soccer table, and pool table
- Children’s Playground
- Soccer Nets
- Jumping Pillow
- 9 Hole Mini Golf
- BMX Bike Track
- Cricket Pitch
- Nature Play Area
- Peddle Cars and Bikes For Hire
- Modern & Large Camp Kitchen
- Laundry Facilities
- Fish Cleaning Area
- Dump Point for Chemical Toilets
You can find RAC Busselton Holiday Park at: 97 Caves Road, Abbey, Busselton Western Australia 6280
Free Call: 1800 871 570
Telephone: +61 8 9755 4241
Reception Hours are 8am – 6pm, 7 days a week.
Why We Like It – Our Review
- Location – close to Busselton, the beach but surrounded by nature.
- Price – the campsites provide great value for money.
- Cleanliness – the camp is kept very clean including the camp kitchen, amenities blocks, BBQs and outside areas.
- Facilities – as you can tell there is a lot to do here for children and they have additional attractions during school holidays like camel rides (at an additional cost) and movie nights. It is extremely kid friendly.
- Eco-Friendly – they have been Eco-Certified by Eco Tourism Australia for many initiatives including a composting program, installation of 66 solar panels which have reduced their emissions by around 53 tonnes per year, planted over 160 native trees and have a possum protection program to protect the endangered ring tail possum.
- Size – Sites are spread out so even in peak season you don’t feel like you are crammed in. They are approximately 10m x 10m in size.
- Noise – They have a noise restriction policy from 10 pm to 8 am.
- Kiosk – The kiosk is handy to buy your ice or exchange your gas bottle.
If you are looking for a family holiday that has plenty for the kids to do, then this is the place for you.
Signup for our latest news and special offers!